Friday, May 17, 2013

Mothers Day 2013

I feel so blessed to be a mom!  I have two beautiful daughters, one is 2.5 years old and the other is 10 months.  I feel that it is a real privilege to be a parent and I take my job very seriously.  I stay at home, but feel this is the most important and meaningful work I will ever have.

There are difficult times and it can be trying to stay home.  It can also be quite isolating and lonely.  If anyone who is reading this blog has also chosen to stay home, I can guarantee you have experienced these feelings as well.  I often feel frazzled, trying to run around after my active 10 month old and trying to program my two year old.  I pray daily that I am using my time wisely and teaching my children all that they need to know.

I have always been inspired by Samuels Mother, Hannah in the Bible.  I believe that she makes the most selfless sacrifice I can think of.  She prays for years and years to have a child.  She makes a vow to God, "Lord Almighty, if you will only look on your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the Lord for all the days of his life..." 1 Samuel 1:11.  When Samuel was born, this is exactly what she did; once he was weaned, she took him to Eli the priest and Samuel served the Lord at the temple.  He no longer lived with his mom and dad but lived at the temple serving there.

I do believe this is what I am eventually called to do. I have been commissioned by God to raise my children to love the Lord and then send them out into the world to show the love of Christ to others.  However, Samuels mother did this as soon as he was weaned!  I cannot fathom that sacrifice.  But I pray that I am able to commit my children to the Lords work throughout their lives in whatever capacity He calls them too. 

First I must raise them to be respectful, kind, generous and God loving, so that they may find their own way in God's kingdom.  Whether you stay home with your children, work full time or part time.  Remember that your children are always watching you.  You are their hero and they will emulate you in all things.  You are their lifeline!  They look to you in everything they do.  What an important Job being a mom is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment